Throwing rice is a thing of the past! Couples are now looking for new fun and creative ways to create dynamic moments on their wedding day. The beautiful thing is that its YOUR day and you can do WHATEVER you want! Grand exits and send offs at weddings are definitely great ways to get your guests to participate and make for fun photos. Some couples are choosing to have a send off exit after their ceremony as they walk back down the isle as man and wife for the first time. Others plan for a grand exit at the end of the evening after the reception.
My thoughts on Grand Exits and Send Offs… There are ideas that will be better for the day and some better for the night. Consider if you want your send off is after your Ceremony or after the Reception. Also let your photographer know your plans ahead of time will allow them to set up good lighting in order to capture your idea the best way possible.
- If you use bubbles, make sure to buy LARGE bubble blowers. Also have the guests start blowing bubbles a few minutes BEFORE you exit. It is really hard to pull off bubbles after the ceremony because things happen so quickly. We find that bubbles are usually more successful at night.
- Have a really good maid of honor or assistant for the day. They can help hand out the packets, bubbles, balloons or sparklers. As a photographer, often times I will help organize the big moment if it is at the end of the night.
- Sky Lanterns should be lifted off by teams of two! They catch on fire very easily and we don’t want that! Someone is lighting the lantern and the other person is holding the lantern away from the flame! Eventually the hot air will take over and it will lift off.
- If you need fire- have tons of lighters. We suggest Gas Lighters.
- When buying confetti, make sure to look for biodegrateable paper!
- Not all sparklers are made equal. These are the best we have found! Wedding Sparklers Remember, you cannot mail or fly with these. So have them mailed to your venue of choice so you don’t have to travel with them if you are flying!
- If you decide to do glow sticks, we suggest buying the long necklaces so that they are flexible and the colors will drag in the photos!
- Take your time walking!!! Always plan to stop half way to pose for a great photo. Many couples love to do a big dip, kiss or just simply have a moment to pause for the photo.
- Fake exits are very popular when a photographers services end before the bride and groom are ready to leave the reception. Everyone comes out for the photo and then goes back inside to continue the big party!
Thank you to all the photographers who contributed their work to this blog! You are so very talented and we are honored to have your beautiful photos on our blog.
And to all the brides out there- have fun with your wedding! At the end of the day it comes down to you and your personality. Enjoy every minute of the planning process because you only get to do it once!
Purchase: Wedding Bubbles
SPORTS BALLOONS / NOISE MAKERS
Purchase: Stick Balloons
Photo by POPography
Purchase: Wedding Streamers
Purchase: Lavender Sachets
Purchase: Sky Lanterns
Photos by POPography
Purchase: Wedding Sparklers
Purchase: Fresh Rose Petals
Purchase: Glow Sticks Necklaces
Purchase: Custom Paper Airplanes
Click “LIKE” to let us know you were here!!
Do you have other great send off ideas? Leave a comment!
Join the party on FACEBOOK