I get this question A LOT. I wish I had one simple answer, but alas I have more than one. I will tell you how I edit newborn and baby portraits in this blog post specifically.
I’m trying to achieve: Soft Look, Beautiful glowing skin, simplicity so that I don’t take away from the natural beauty of baby.
When you look at a portrait of a newborn (in my opinion) all the attention should be on the baby. Not on all the crazy effects or vignettes. Just a beautiful baby that God made so very special.
HOW did I get this look?
- Natural Light Window (To camera left)
- Canon 5d Mark iii Camera
- 50mm 1.2 Lens
- Lightroom 3 – Corrected the White Balance/Exposure/Clarity
- Photoshop- Removed some of her red splotches with the healing/patch tools
- Imagenomic Portraiture – Worked on evening her skin for soft look
- Photoshop- Ran Florabella Classic Workflow Actions