On my new adventure of eating clean and making sure my family is healthier through more nutritious food….WHEW, that was a mouthful! (Pun intended) I am finding all sorts of fun recipes to try. Some are forever favorites and some I will never repeat again. It is trial and error! BUT, the good thing about eating clean is that most of the recipes require the same ingredients. Stocking up on those ingredients will allow you to make tons of different on the fly recipes!
One of my weaknesses is snacking. Eating healthy meals is something that is pretty easy for me. Prepping my meals for the week and making a plan always help me make good choices. When it comes to eating every 2-3 hours I need options! I can only eat so much fruit and vegetables. Not all of my snacks are 100% clean. But guess what–I’m going to live a little. I always say “At least it isn’t a hershey bar”! :) Live a little and remember its just food. And food should be fun sometimes.
One of my all time favorite snacks: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas or white beans (drain and rinse well) I find the goya white beans are best!
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup almond butter (can use organic peanut butter for a more peanut taste)
- up to 1/4 cup milk of choice (only if needed; check thickness of your mix)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar (or agave, maple) I use the sugar. :)
- 2-3 tbsp oats (or ground flax) (I use a combination of 1/2 flax & 1/2 oats)
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips or sugar free chips
Put all ingredients (except chocolate chips) into a food processor and blend until very smooth. This takes a few minutes. Then add the chocolate chips. Try and use a high performance food processor and not a blender. Refrigerate for several hours and allow the mixture to firm up. Eat!
ENJOY! I eat with a spoon or graham cracker. Don’t be fooled by the look…it tastes pretty good.
The wonderful place I find my sweet fixes CLEAN SWEETS
Click “Like” to let us know you were here!